Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"BOOK 'EM DANNO"

I had to pass this article on to all you baseball fans, especially Julie...
so often we've seen people running on to the field at baseball games but this one could teach future runners a lesson...

A 34-year-old man who ran on the field at a Phillie's game to chants of "Tase him!" has been charged with marijuana possession, criminal mischief, disorderly conduct and other counts.

Police say a fan hopped over the left-field fence at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia and ran along the warning track in the top of the ninth inning Tuesday, one day after a teenager was tasered in the outfield.

The crowd booed and some chanted "Tase him!" Philadelphia fans are not the nicest in the league...

In the wake of Monday's encounter, police are considering whether officers should get involved in on-field chases. What do you think? How about tasering?

A17-year-old boy who was tasered Monday, is facing defiant trespass, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct charges.

3 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

Is there permanent damage from tasing? I think you have to do something that will serve as a deterrent for others to do the same thing. The Dodgers stopped showing people who run on the field years ago--but I've seen this Phillies guy all over everywhere! NOT a deterrent! That's what makes people WANT to do it.
I'd love to be on a baseball field someday...but not risking the chance of being tased. No thanks.

TSHarrison said...

Side note: I really want to be tasered. Obviously that's odd, but I'm really curious what the experience feels like. I'm even considering buying a taser just so I have to go through the training which requires every certified taser carrier to be tasered.

But back to the dude on the field. I think it's awesome that they tasered him. If the legal expenses and court ordered punishments weren't such a burden I could easily be dared to run onto the field. Why the heck not? The punishment used to be a mild fine and a night in jail; I could deal with that.

PETE Di LALLO said...

Trevor,
Go for it...
A taser-carrying-teaching pastor would get his students' utmost attention...