Thursday, July 9, 2009

VATICAN-THE BOARD GAME / VATICANOPOLY

I love Catholic stuff and poking fun at the Pope, priests, nuns and the Vatican…I found this on line during my many one-hour breaks the other day...

I read that the game is a hybrid of Monopoly, Risk and Clue; the only one I’ve played is Monopoly...The players have pieces resembling cardinals and other clergy types… During the course of this game the players roll the dice, pick up cards that may have you take a stand on theological and moral issues like saints, mortal and venial sins, and maybe the inquisition…now there’s a good topic...I could really do a number on this one...is rolling dice a sin?

The race begins as soon as the previous pope croaks (no idea what this means) …the new Pope dies when his Popemobile overturns after being hit by a fruit truck. The player gets 10 points…I imagine that the low score wins…

If you pass GO I don't know what happens…it’s probably a sin and you get more points...

Players’ goals are to climb the spiritual perfection ladder while trying to avoid sins such as gluttony…but a player may get a card, like in Monopoly, to attend a Papal banquet where he has to eat three helpings of cannelloni…that player gets 10 points… this game could make me hungry…

Goal of the game? To get from Cardinal to Pope …six to seven players fighting it out like dragons and demons…I'd toss in a bottle of wine for the loser or winner...Chianti...

Available on-line for $39.95 US

I’m tempted to buy one…I could write it off as a Church donation…

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

oh you MUST buy this!!! We need to play it at all of our family gatherings. This might be the ONLY game I could beat Allison at!! :)
(I'll help you with the answers too!)