Wednesday, July 15, 2009

GRANDPAS ARE NOT ALWAYS FUN PEOPLE

I could be a frustrated grandfather but I don't think so…OK, well maybe just a wee bit…but I don’t criticize the things my grand children do, like museum trips, traveling, camping, surfing or visiting their grandparents.

But sometimes I am bothered by birthday parties to Chuckie Cheese’s or to play video games at the mall as well as trips to amusement parks and the time they watch TV. Not all the precious eight but ones who can read...not the angelic really young ones…no, not them…

And for sure not the older ones who work and have little time to have fun, well, maybe they have fun but don’t tell me what they do, thankfully…

In my opinion this makes them spoiled, unappreciative and materialistic…

But I could probably influence my grand kids more by not watching cartoons or Hanna Montana when they stay with us…Hanna and those twin boys are fun to watch…I hardly ever watch those shows alone…

I’ve finally discovered I would do better by sharing my world with them and not criticizing them. I don’t think I fall short when we go swimming or shopping at the mall… and they haven’t complained yet… at least not to me…I’d like to have more home birthday parties with cake, ice cream and presents…

God did a good thing when he invented grand kids and Grandmas…

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

I have caught you watching Zack and Cody and Hannah when there is no one else there. Admit it...you're hooked!
You are a GREAT grandpa! And, with Grand kids from 2 to 26, you have a lot of different interests to keep track of.
I don't think any of YOUR grandkids are spoiled or ungrateful...
And, they are all full of life and love. Each and every one of them!
They love you too, Papa. Thanks for sharing your life and love with THEM!