Sunday, January 25, 2009

MAXIMIZING MEMORY

73% of older adults worry about their memory abilities...
Wordplay can fend off forgetfulness...
ALLITERATE!!!
To better remember a to-do list item, try creating an alliteration...a phrase that contains repeating consonant sounds (like the one above)
Researchers had subjects read poetry and prose both silently and aloud...later participants recalled passages containing alliterative phrases much better than others...they suggest keeping the phrases simple...ones like exercise at eight or dial the doctor may even augment your healthy lifestyle...

I have no idea at what age one becomes an older adult...but I think I are one!!!
Partly from Jan issue of Prevention Mag.

4 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

Appreciative of alliteration advice, as always.
Love living, listening and laughing while learning!
Oh--music may make measurable memory metamorphosis!

Julie Hibbard said...

Crap, I am so good. Learned it all from you Pops!

Gina Vistaunet said...

My memory makes me mad.

PETE Di LALLO said...

You guys are good...
and I see you paid attention once in a while when I tried to teach good stuff...