Wednesday, January 28, 2009

RELATIVES AND FRIENDS

If I’m interested in finding missing people I can check out search engines like Google and MSN Search…if I’m looking for friends and relatives I can check out People Finder, Classmates.com, Alumni.net, maybe Long Lost Family Bulletin Board.com, Social Security Death Index or even hire a private investigator…

But what if a friend or relative invites me to join FaceBook.com?

Then what?

Is there a relative’s right to privacy?

Should relatives live close by? Distant relatives? Yes, but not too close…

What does one do if a relative is discovered to need protective custody?

Got any tips if relatives ask for loans?

Do you get to see photos of distant relatives?

Should distant relatives living in one of the coldest cities in North America be invited to visit Southern California? 

p.s. Read the last sentence carefully: it says “should they be invited”…

I say yes!!! Absolutely!!!!

 

2 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

I think Facebook is the greatest invention of the last 10 years...It's amazing...I have connected with people I have known, but not been able to be in contact with for years. Even my sisters, cousins, and distant relatives are now never more than a click away.
As far as privacy, well, it's up to you on Facebook whether or not to 'friend' them. And, you can certainly take them off later. OR, just not communicate very often. No one knows how often you are on there!
Invites to come to the OC are appreciated. I have room at my house for one or two if you run out of space. Since it's 74 here and -4 there, it's the least we can do...
love you!

Gina Vistaunet said...

I say ignore who you don't want to talk to. That's what I do. But you know me..... I'm not nice. But you should invite them to stay at Hotel DiLallo. It's fricken freezing where they are. I'm freezing today myself, but I don't even have a jacket on. Aren't you glad you moved?