Monday, August 20, 2007

Once upon a time...Who's story is it anyway?

Leesa and her kids have been staying with us...
as her daughter Thea (5 years old) was on her way to bed a few nights ago I was asked to tell her a bedtime story...I thought it was a good idea to put her down so I could catch the last few innings of the Dodger game...Leesa had gone to visit one of her sisters...
We laid on the bed and I started to tell her a story...(my words are in lower case and hers are in UPPER CASE)
once upon a time...WHERE?
in a happy land, and there lived a lovely little princess in a...WHAT'S HER NAME?
you tell me...HER NAME WAS YATAH
o.k. Yatah lived in a castle with the King and the Queen...OK AND THEN WHAT?
she was riding a big horse...WHAT COLOR?
white!...it was white!...OK AND THEN WHAT?
they were riding on a beautiful river bank through a forest with red, yellow and white flowers all around...NO!!!JUST YELLOW ONES...
o.k o.k. can I keep going? YES
they were riding along and found a nice spot under a big tree on the side of the river and stopped to have a picnic...YOU NEVER SAID BEFORE THEY WERE GOING ON A PICNIC!!
o.k. sorry
the princess had a tasty picnic and she even had carrots and sugar for her horse...when they were done she rode back to the castle and lived happily ever after...NO THEY DIDN'T!!!!
huh, why not?...BECAUSE NOTHING BAD HAPPENED TO HER AND FAIRY TALES ALWAYS HAVE BAD GUYS...
oh!!!...SO TELL ME ANOTHER STORY, THIS TIME WITH BAD GUYS
o.k.
(may be continued)

4 comments:

Heather McTaggart said...

I love 5 year old stories! My little one has an incredible imagination! Sometimes I wonder "where does she come up with this stuff?" The only problem is she tells people stuff that sounds real and then I get "that look" when people ask me about her stories! It's quite funny when I keep up with the story! I will have to tell you my story about my childhood story telling when I see you next...it's SUPER funny because my ENTIRE family had David believing it! HA!

Julie Hibbard said...

You should have stuck with the rabbit dropping the offering money at the church story! :)
that's my favorite in the whole world. Allison could tell that one!
Thea is a bit inquizitive!
GREAT blog!!

Gina Vistaunet said...

I agree with Julie. The rabbit at chuch is a good one. We will call Thea, BTC... bossy the cow. Next time, have her tell you a story.

PETE Di LALLO said...

Allison, you are officially TAGGED!
Tell us the 'offering at the church and the rabbit'story...
I don't know if I could re-tell it as good as you can...