Wednesday, August 10, 2011

WHO KNEW...

There's a new babysitting device available to parents and grandparents...it isn't one that will actually take care of your child or grandchild, but one that will surely please him or her and completely serve a useful function as well...talk about a new green thing...
Give up?
A hint...I now work in my home and am deluged daily with adds, junk mail, envelopes and cheap newspapers that I immediately discard in my trash can...
You should have one because it helps keep our planet green(er)...

It's an electric paper shredder!!!

My youngest grand kids totally love (with my overseeing) to drop papers into this marvelous invention and watch it do its thing...I have to watch the littlest guy so he doesn't click the machine in reverse to see the shreds coming out, or pull the lid off and handle the shredded paper like confetti...well, maybe it's not that great a toy...but the grand kids love me the most and that makes it worthwhile...they like shredding with me better than eating grandma's cookies, at least until they're done shredding...

2 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

I have to admit, I love to shred stuff too. Not sure that it's a good toy or babysitter for a four year old (there are sharp blades in there, you know that, right?) but I do understand the entertainment aspect! And I can TOTALLY see Elijah digging every second of it!

Anonymous said...

Just so you know I don't let Elijah do it all by himself...I hand him one sheet at a time...and when I'm not using the shredder it's unplugged and he is not able to replug it in... There's a web of wires well managed under my desk...