Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's on Fathers' Day...


It's one of my favorite holidays of the year...including Christmas, Cinco de Mayo, St. Patrick's Day and my wife's, children's and grand children's birthdays...these are great days for giving, receiving and eating...
But just last month another holiday was celebrated...a gigantic birthday for me when I received so much and so many things...I don't need or want a single thing for Fathers' Day coming up next month...


Fathers' Day is always on the same weekend as the U.S. Open Golf Tournament and what I'd like to do this year is stay home to watch the game on Sunday, all day, until a winner is declared probably around 5:00 PM.

So, my dear children, if you're reading this, I'd like a gift by joining me to watch the game...golfing grandchildren are especially welcome...
I'll be heading over to Bevmo the day before to pick up some delicious stuff:
cashews
pistachios
potato chips
a thing or two of dip
six packs of Sam Adams, Sprite and Diet Cokes
Swiss cheese and crackers
a large jar of cocktail olives with pimentos in case there's some celebrating to do... with a martini...
fixings for chili dogs if one of you knows how to cook them...I have no clue...let me know...
and I hope to pick up a six pack of chocolate golf balls or something else golfy and chocolaty...

Remember...no gifts...no sugar-free treats...no funny tee shirts...and no 'worlds greatest grandfather' coffee mugs...

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

Duly noted! Totally fine with me. I work on Sunday, I am sure, anyway. (But thankfully, no brunch that day!)
I'll stop by after 5pm to say hello...and maybe for a few olives.