Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hanging at Nordstom's...

I was sitting around the men’s shoe department at Nordstrom’s one morning while the girls were shopping and noticed a few things about men who buy shoes. There was this oldish guy (60-ish) wearing dark blue Bermuda shorts with unmatched socks, one dark blue one brown…he tried on tan colored Top Siders that looked like a nice pair of shoes, but the socks make him look like a blind man in an old movie…I had to laugh to myself as it reminded me of me sometimes... Another younger man came in with his very young wife or girlfriend, it was hard to see if they were wearing wedding bands, although she had on a pile of jewelry that sparkled as the lights hit her…plenty of diamonds on this woman…he had on a pair of almost brand new running shoes with yellow stripes …he was trying on blue striped running shoes that his little lady had picked out for him… he bought the blue pair and he wore them as they walked out of the shoe department…I almost asked the clerk what size the yellow ones were but didn’t as he threw them in a trash can…

2 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

You should have grabbed the shoes for sure. I can't imagine throwing them in the trash. Honestly, after being in Kenya, I can't throw anything away that I think someone might need. I drive straight to the Goodwill with it!
That was a fun day at Nordstrom. We'll have to do it again!

TSHarrison said...

I was hoping for a second that you did grab the shoes and that you had a photo of you wearing them.
That would have been epic!