Monday, September 13, 2010

What's the point of being old if you can't bitch and gripe...

You think because you’re in the country you can speed all over the place…

Last week I was following a couple of cars on Hiway 74 driving east past Hemet going to San Jacinto about 11 miles from where I was…74 is the same road as Ortega Hiway over the hill from San Juan Capistrano…it’s a four lane highway with a dirt median and two lanes going in each direction…the speed limit was 45 mph but the cars I was following were only going…wait for it…12 miles per hour…driving side by side with neither one having ever looked in their rear view mirrors…I tailgated them for half a minute but backed off…

The world needs to set a fine for driving too slow, the cause of a lot of frustration for the drivers behind…it wasn’t just the two cars I was following but others who took their places as they came to intersections and turned off …there seemed to be a lot of retired looking people driving older cars and pickups that all looked happy as they chatted and smiled at each other…probably going to the market or local bars…I only had a chance to pass a few of them…I had a meeting to attend with about thirty minutes to get there…I got there with five minutes to spare…you figure out my average speed…driving 11 miles in 25 minutes?

Ironically, after the meeting on my way back to the office, I was able to drive at a nice speed and it was pleasant… getting there earlier wasn’t half the fun as it should have been…

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

I am a mean person when I am behind someone who's driving slow!! I usually scream "For the love of Jesus!!" Why oh why do you not AT LEAST go the speed limit.
Griping isn't just for old people ya know!