Tuesday, September 14, 2010

but what about beige and mauve?

Young guys drive Camaros, soccer moms drive mini-vans and rich snobs drive Bentleys...we usually associate types of cars with certain types of people but do we really know who's behind the wheel? I associate Volvos with safety and Porsches with speed...but what about what the car color says?
According to a survey in Great Britain, certain colors indicate certain personalities but I think they're generalities although in some cases quite true when I think of some of my friends and relatives...but I ain't telling because in case you're a relative or friend who's reading this, well, you know who you are...
  • Black: aggressive personality, rebel...I know a few
  • Silver: cool, calm but may be a loner...could be
  • Green: Reactive...my car is light green, does that count?
  • Yellow: idealistic...like a Lambo?
  • Blue: introspective, reflective and cautious...not for everyone
  • Red: someone full of energy and pizazz...gotta be true
  • White: status seeker, gregarious...I had no idea
  • Cream: contained and controlled...who would have guessed

If you buy a new car and pick out the color and options you want, the color can send some serious messages...if you're buying a used car you may be stuck with whatever color based on price and options already on the car...but then again, you may just love that used car because of the color...be careful out there....

3 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

I think I match my car...coo, calm, and perhaps a bit of a loner (don't tell anyone how much I love being alone tho!)
I have had blue, orange, silver, black, silver, white and silver. Yup, I must fall into the silver catagory. That's me!!
Love this!

Sunny Rolfs (thatsunnygirl.org) said...

that was a brilliant blog! but it needs some pictures!!!!!!!!

Stephanie Ragland said...

My mini-van is white-I had no idea that made me a status climber! I was just embarrassed to be driving a mini-van! And actually, when we went car shopping, I specifically said-NO WHITE. Seeing as my Mom and sister both drive big white cars-alas,it was the best one there.