Sunday, September 5, 2010

IT WAS KARMA

It was a little after noon on Saturday, I was watching golf, kicking back in my comfy reading chair with a cup of coffee planning to finish reading The Stand on this holiday weekend... during a commercial, like I always do, I hit my clicker to check out baseball scores when the Sci-Fi channel popped up showing four consecutive two hour TV episodes of Stephan King's The Stand!!!...from noon until eight!!!Holy Mackerel!!!

Call it chance, fate, luck, coincidence or kismet, but I was on page 375 of the 1100 plus page book and....well, I didn't click back to golf and had to watch it for a few minutes...Stephan co-produced the movie and followed the book quite closely...but Hey, I couldn't help myself...what would you have done?...the faceless characters I'd been reading came to life...I watched the whole thing, ate lunch, dinner and snacked in front of the tube FOR EIGHT HOURS IN A ROW?????...what the hell was I thinking?
It was seriously one of the funnest days I've had in a long time...I don't see myself ever doing something like that again...and I don't think I'll watch any TV today...I'm gonna do a little yard work, take a few naps and write e-mails...

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

I wish I would have known! I would have recorded it! Wow...how lucky are you? I love that book and even enjoyed that mini-series!! And I really love 8 hours of TV.
Well, once in a while!