Tuesday, July 20, 2010

it happens a lot...

Whenever I feel like posting a blog I’ll find a snack or candy bar, and after eating it, if that doesn’t help to get ideas, well then, it doesn’t really matter…I figured I tried and get back to work… today I looked up some of my past blogs, had a few laughs when I found one about having a hard time finding topics to post…it happens a lot…

When I think of good blog topics I jot them down in a notebook I keep for phone messages and other important stuff… or if I get a good blog thought while driving I’ll call my office and leave a message for myself…and more often than I’d like to admit, most of the topics are lame…it happens a lot...

If I’m at home I look in the refrigerator and it’s usually bare of good snack stuff to eat…we have a few extra people living with us right now, including little Elijah, three years old who likes to open the refrigerator door, and stand there looking in with his finger on his cheek saying “Let me see?”…I check the pantry for pop tarts but they’re usually gone…I look for Ritz crackers and if I find some we’re probably out of peanut butter…if we have peanut butter we’re out of crackers …and there’s never any cookies in my house…every once in a while we’ll buy a few candy bars and stash them in the cabinet but there are no more good hiding places…it happens a lot...

If I’m at the office, where I write almost all my blogs, I’ll open the refrigerator and look for my candy bars …there’s always one right there with my name on the warning “DO NOT TOUCH THESE” …people at my office have never stolen one…once in a while I find a dollar bill or two but no one ever has taken the last one…and I take a candy bar back to my desk and slowly savor it piece by piece by piece…sometimes topics come to mind…

Today I am at the office and let me tell ya, it’s impossible to get upset about not blogging when you’re eating chocolate….

AHHH…

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

Love the new look of the blog. Love that you still blog...seems to be a dying art! There are a few extra people in your home, for sure! And they DO love to eat. I've seen Elijah and the peanut butter!
Glad you have your secret stash. Probably makes it taste even better.
Love you!