Monday, June 28, 2010

Rosary Warriors

Almost every night my mother would fall asleep in her bed holding her beads, stressing to us the importance of faith and the rosary...
Would you believe that now real men pray the rosary?

Almost all Catholic men once thought praying the rosary was for old ladies and funerals …but it’s not gender specific or for funerals anymore because now beads are available in the forms of soccer balls, basket balls, footballs and even hockey pucks…no joke...this is a great invention...

They’re called sports rosaries…fathers and mothers of youngsters can gift their children with these and the kids can use them without feeling out of place and be more like their great grandmothers...

They can be purchased at realmenpraytherosary.org and I hope they’re available with golf balls…

2 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

Can I get one with baseballs and bats?? I sure wish I had had one at yesterday's baseball game!! It sure could not have hurt...

TSHarrison said...

I read a book recently about a Protestant pastor who began using the rosary beads in his prayer life and I've been thinking about trying it for a period of time.
That bat and ball rosary may actually get me to try it.