Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Di LALLO BURGERS AGAIN?

It's been too long since I posted...here's a quickie...

A few Fridays ago we welcomed Mario and his daughter Vanessa to our home; Mario is my cousin's son and Vanessa his teenage daughter, and he has always been employed by my other cousins' Di Lallo Burger restaurants in Montreal almost since he could walk...he and others claim he makes the best burgers and he's proven it by cooking them at our house a few times...a few days after he arrived we visited his brother Anthony in Riverside who cooked the same deliriously delicious burgers...(they are not as huge as the photo) but include capicola and various strengths of hot peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and relishes...they are too big to eat as Rodney used to say in his commercials...

Our visitors love to eat out at their favorite restaurants like Lucille's, Fuddruckers, Sizzler and surprisingly In & Out...I happened to mention that I long ago loved Sheppard's pie and was happily treated to this good stuff when I got home that night...he also cooked a few dozen cabbage rolls that we ate for several meals, along with some roasted peppers...
Man, am I getting hungry!!!

Mario and Van are fun loving people; Vanessa loves to shop...I forgot to mention we've gone to the O.C. Swap meet twice already and they've gone to the Laguna Hills Mall more than twice...and they love Laguna Beach!

They have to fly back this Friday and we'll all miss them...they've been visiting us twice a year for some time...

4 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

GREAT picture!!
Yes, indeed, they are delicious.
And I am sure you really are going to miss the home cooked meals...

TSHarrison said...

Is that photo for real?
That's huge!

Stephanie said...

I remember going to a DiLallo burger when I was 8 or 9-Yum! But who can resist Inn-N-Out?

Eliane said...

How fun! and those burgers are so yummy!!!!