Sunday, August 3, 2008

SUNDAY, SUNDAY

A blogger who plays by whatever rules or book is not what any of us want in blogs…it’s just entertainment… but I have to admit having taken a few liberties for the sake of passing time...
It's too quiet around here...

I Miss Bum and wish I could be in Hawaii with her and Sarah, Tony, Elijah and Sunny…
It’s Sunday and after doing some office work for a while watching Golf, Angels and Dodgers my remote’s on fire… It’s impossible for me to sit and watch TV for more than an hour at a time…I’m also reading a brand new author, Nelson De Mille…he’s been writing for thirty years and has a long shelf of books at bookstores waiting for me…several of my book reading buddies have recommended him…

Its still way too quiet…

I visited my Mom at the home this morning; I brought a dozen assorted tasty-looking doughnuts and a few of her favorite jelly-filled that she thumbed her nose at…it was the first time in a while that those jelly ones didn’t bring a smile to her face…the other patients ate theirs like they were going out of style…

Gina, Logan and I are eating at El Torito tonight and I’m looking forward to a Cadillac margarita and a beer…usually joining us are Julie, Allison and Thatcher but two of them are ten or twelve thousand miles away and Thatch is surfing with his Dad down in Baja…

Manny Ramirez just hit his second Dodger homer and the crowd is going nuts…Dodgers 6, D-Backs 3 in the fifth…
V.J. just won the golf tournament…
The Angels lost to the Yanks earlier…

OH! Congrats to my niece Tina for a brand new daughter Ava Inez…I love her name!... I met Ava yesterday at Kaiser hospital in Irvine where it took me a long time to find her room…I walked the halls of the third floor and there was no one around to ask…I finally spotted a janitor lady who gave me directions…she said the hospital makes it difficult so newborns can’t easily be stolen…

p.s. I ate one of the jelly doughnuts in front of my mom...she didn't say a word...

6 comments:

Ange said...

I really like this post. Random but really good!

Gina Vistaunet said...

The size of our Sunday dinners are sure getting smaller. Just the two of us was nice. I'm happy for Tina and SO glad its not me that had a baby.

Julie Hibbard said...

dinner alone with Gina? Yep, I guess the days of 25 people at Fuddruckers is over. Lots cheaper tho!!
I freaking LOVE jelly donuts...when I am 94, please bring me LOTS of them. I will share with you!
:)

Stephanie Ragland said...

I so wish I could be in Hawaii with them too! I miss Sarah so much it hurts!

Allison said...

Sorry I wasn't there!
Next time? Well...in six months at least!

Eliane said...

I like this journaling kind of blogging.