Tuesday, June 3, 2008

An Open passion

The final day of the U.S. Open has always been played on Fathers’ Day, long before I became a father…Fathers’ Day and the U.S. Open have always been my favorite days of the year when the family gets together to eat, drink and be with family…and I love the gifts that are always so thoughtful and personal…

It’s not very fatherly or grandfatherly to watch the final three or four hours of this major championship with a house full of family, but I try to sneak a peek or two during the afternoon…and I feel guilty…

I will petition either the USGA or my family to hold the last day of the tournament on Saturday or, celebrate Fathers’ Day on Saturday next year…

OK, so I love golf…get over it

4 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

What time is it all over?? We can have a dinner or something after!
You know Leesa and Sunny and 100 other people will be at your house anyway. I am not sure you'll see much of it over Dora, Barbie and Elmo!

hey! Why don't you come to my house and be ALONE?
That might be a GREAT Father's Day!
:)

Gina Vistaunet said...

Tivo it, don't listen to the news, and watch it Monday - or, lets do Father's Day Saturday. I don't care!!!

Allison said...

It's your day...you can do whatever you want...I love you and will sit right next to you while you enjoy golf...

PETE Di LALLO said...

All good ideas! Thanks
Saturday sounds great but I'll have to coordinate with the chief of weekend activities...
daughters and grand kids come first and we can't Tivo...

Isn't the golf cartoon just the greatest? Google is handy...