Thursday, April 17, 2008

WHAT’S HIGHLY ADDICTIVE, SOMETIMES REWARDING AND HEALTHY FOR YOU?







You know what it is....
It is all these things and more if I didn't have to post a blog so bad with time running out...

Stimulating and a challenge combined with getting out in the fresh air with pleasant surroundings…
Played by people of all ages…
It’s quiet with temper tantrums not permitted…
It burns up calories, lowers cholesterol levels and reduces stress…
It’s a good walk…from four to eight miles…I take a cart sometimes ‘cause I’m old and have a trick knee like Tiger Woods…yeah, that’s why…
It’s a social game with a chance to know friends better…and make new ones…
You don’t have to go shopping or have to eat out with golf friends…well maybe to the golf store once in a while to replenish tees, golf balls, hats, shirts, shorts…all the stuff you have to have…
If you’re old like me we’ve gone out to dinner with my golf buds and their wives and have taken golf vacations together…took a trip to Hawaii years ago with wives, a foursome of guys, and kids…at the time our wives didn’t care to learn to play but happily kept themselves happy shopping…and kids learned real quickly how to order drinks and food from poolside and charge to the rooms…a good reason to teach your kids to play golf with so you can keep an eye on them…
It’s fun…and a quiet game…I like quiet…
It can be enjoyed year round where we live…
It’s an easy game but hard to play…

Women have a place in golf…no skill needed to sign up for classes…clubs can be rented or borrowed from friends…a complete set is not required to begin classes…
The cost of lessons is not as high as you would think…I’m talking about group lessons, with your friends, kids and / or spouse…It’s OK to leave your spouse out of this for now…remember it’s a quiet game…
It can be expensive to play at semi-private courses but you soon discover other courses with inexpensive rates, for seniors especially and at twilight times… (Middle of the afternoon)
All you need is a pair of old sneakers and a golf cap…you gotta look cool too…

p.s. None of the wives ever took up the game…they love it when we’re out of the house…

4 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

I am so glad you love golfing so much. I think it's great that you have your own thing to do too! No need to involve mom in that. I can't actually say I could even SEE mom out there golfing. Definitely not in a golf outfit...
Maybe I'll get out there one day too.
Keep it up Tiger!

Ange said...

i like going to the driving range...so fun to smack around some golf balls.
hey -- did i see you at Starbucks a week ago? Maybe Saturday am?

PETE Di LALLO said...

Starbucks at Muirlands and Lake Forest Dr in Lake Forest?
If that's the place you saw me, next time give me a little punch!
on Saturday mornings I always get a cup on my way to golf lessons...
Hey, do you want to meet me there next Saturday?

Heather McTaggart said...

Hey Pete...ALL my kids start golfing at age 3, it's NOT a choice they do it! Hey Pete...ALL my kids start skiing at 3, it's NOT a choice they do it! Hey Pete...ALL my kids Swim at 2, that's NEVER negotiable!

NOW PETE...Want to know why?

Here's a hint...PEACE AND QUIET for mommy! This means MOMMY doesn't learn to golf, ski, surf, etc...she stays home listening to the sounds of NOTHING! It's awesome!

Here's some advice: This is YOUR thing, it's ok to have YOUR thing! Find something to do with Donas, and let Donas find something to do with her friends.

There you go advice from a woman who has been married half the time you have! :)