Thursday, February 7, 2008

Julie...one of my best meals


As a kid our family traveled (and ate a lot)...when I was around 14 or 15 while vacationing near Washington D.C. I ate this most outrageous meal at a restaurant in Chesapeak Bay...not IN the bay but you know?...it took hours to crack, pick and dip into melted butter, this huge lobster that must have weighed five pounds or more...besides the giant tail I ate the legs and giant claws...(Gina would just love to suck the meat out those legs)
I had to share bites with my sister and mother while my dad ate around five or six dozen fresh oysters...I've had a hankering for them ever since, with a tasty sauce, lemon and a dab of horse radish...as I got older I added a glass of vodka...it's the best!
At today's prices that entire lobster probably costs $100...I'm not sure because I can't afford it these day...
Well, I just made myself starve to death...and this evening we're dining at the SoupPlantation in Foothill Ranch...I'm going to have fish...

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

Lobster...Mmmmm
Oysters...oh yeah!
Vodka...delicious!
Let's go out one night and treat ourselves to a fabulous dinner like this! Maybe when my tax return comes!
:)
You are such a good blogger! I should have given you the list of 75 a long time ago!!