Monday, February 11, 2008

BETTING AND THANKING GOD (Revised)


Revised title: BETTING ON DAUGHTERS AND THANKING GOD...

After being blessed with three daughters and a fourth child on the way about ten or twelve of my golf buddies made a bet with me…if the next child was a girl they would each give me a bottle of Stoli…if it was a boy I would have to give them each a bottle…You all know the outcome…I don’t think the girls ever knew about this but two dozen bottles of Stoli came in handy later on…
P.S................ The title above is misleading...not having received a single comment after 24 hours is a miserable feeling...the ladies in my life must be ticked off ...I apologize...
just so you know, I was not thankful for the Stoli but for having been blessed for a fourth and fifth time with daughters...boy children never crossed my mind except thinking once in a while how awful it would be if I had sons working on their cars on my front lawn...I thank God (almost) every day for the girls...


















3 comments:

Eliane said...

You are so cute! I know how much those 5 daughters love you. Want a sixth one?

Gina Vistaunet said...

I'm sorry I missed the un-revised post. I can't imagine anyone being upset. It is a normal feeling to want at least one of the opposite sex. Drink up!!!

Julie Hibbard said...

I have one of each and I remember you always being mad at people who did. I always told everyone, "It was easy to do!"
Of course I would have loved mine boys, girls, whatever! I can tell you that it does not matter! Kids is kids.
Even if you had had sons they would be hitting you up for money. Trust me.