Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Golfin’ pneumonia and the playing hookie flu…

The Lakes Course
The Desert Course


At our office we have cable TV and a huge computer screen gizmo in our conference room where we make presentations to clients (when we’re not watching the Golf Channel)…some clients like to come in on golf tournament days…I call it playing hookie with clients…

Big golf tournament this weekend…starts on Thursday…
Tiger and Phil Mikkelson will play in their first tourneys this year…it just isn’t as much fun when these two guys are not playing…

Then on Super Bowl Sunday morning I’ll be playing in an annual golf tournament with a group of landscape architects, contractors and suppliers…I should get home by 2:00 to watch the game…
Donas may watch TV and shop that day…and, if she’s gone when I get home, she will have chips, chili, hot dogs, Sam Adams, additional munchies and dessert for me…life is great…she is great…

And then…For the past 15 years one of my long time home building clients has had an annual golf tournament at Primm Valley Golf Courses at Stateline, Nevada... there’s usually a group of 16 or 20 golfers invited, made up of some of their consultants and key employees for two days of splendor, like hitting balls out of sand bunkers and retrieving balls from the water at two courses fittingly named the Desert and the Lakes Courses…it’s sometimes cold and windy but I bring along a flask or two of warm sipping stuff…
In the past I’ve gone alone with the guys, most of them loving to gamble, which isn’t in my blood… This time I’ll be going to Las Vegas with Donas and her sister Kathy…Donas and Kathy will do a little shopping and visiting a niece and nephew living in town…. Kathy gambles and may spend two days and nights at the same table …we don’t gamble and will spend time eating at excellent eateries in the hotels and shopping at the upscale outlet mall next door to our hotel… I shop for neat golf stuff I know I need…the gals shop for stuff they didn’t know they needed…

5 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

Fun fun fun! I love when you get to golf to your heart's content! You deserve the time away! Of course with mom and Aunt Kathy along, there won't be a dull moment. (Please have them drop you off somewhere while they go to TJ Maxx...please!)
Hope you get a birdie!!

Julie Hibbard said...

Oh yeah...LOVE THIS TITLE!

PETE Di LALLO said...

and I LOVE your new photo...you look like you're 16 years old!!!

Allison said...

So fun! Who lives in Vegas?

Gina Vistaunet said...

Nice blog dad. Golf away!!! Mom and Aunt Kathy will be fine visiting Frankie and his wife and Suzi and her boys. That is, if Aunt Kathy leaves the slot machine she sits on.