Friday, December 21, 2007

What?

The perfect Christmas gift?

My sweet dear wife has forever scheduled and made appointments for me for annual doctor checkups, glasses, dentist and NOW for my hearing...( she's the one who said I had a hard time hearing her)...so I went to see the hearing guy, I don't recall what they're professionally called...she came along with me to make sure I went and with the intention of grabbing dinner later at a restaurant near there...

The 'doctor' stuck me in a soundproof booth and attached wires and stuff in my ears...in each ear, one at a time, I heard chirps, cheeps, beeps, and buzzing sounds...when done he sat me down and said my hearing was almost perfect and I didn't need to get hearing aids...I told him that I didn't think I had a hard time hearing but what I had was 'selective hearing'...

We had a very quiet dinner!

4 comments:

Heather McTaggart said...

I do know a couple of people who also claim this...they are teenagers, well most of them!

Allison said...

I'm glad that you went to have it checked...they say the longer you wait when you have hearing loss, the more difficult it is to maintain what you have left...

Glad to know the hearing loss is not genetic!

Oh, and they are called audiologists.

PETE Di LALLO said...

Alli,Thanks
I knew you knew...
there'll be an extra French toast for you on Christmas Day...

Heather,
You are funny and cute...

Julie Hibbard said...

Can you hear me now?
So good to know that you CAN hear me!
I am sure you had to split dinner too!