Tuesday, December 4, 2007

DESPERATELY SEEKING...



When I’m at work, or driving around Riverside or Lake Forest, or watching TV or even playing golf I look and see literally dozens of topics I could blog. I go to bed fairly early and when I wake up and stay in bed for a little while I think of a hundred things to write…I have a steno book at the office in which I record calls during the day and write a list of things to do…in the back of the book I keep blog ideas for future use…today I came up empty…I guess I could keep a notebook on the nightstand along by the alarm and light…maybe I’ll do that, and maybe keep one in my car…a good idea…

I could write about what I had for dinner last night or the great lunch I had today schmoozing some new clients on a project in China related to the Olympics next year, what clothes or Christmas gifts I bought or will buy, or photo the beauty of the last golf course I played…if Julie played her favorite club would be her camera…I could post pictures of my grandkids, or tell you how my Mom is doing in the ‘home’…or tell you how my golf lessons are coming along, my drives, chips and putts...or what I read in the latest Golf Digest to help lower my scores…or tell you the latest on the Golf Channel…

I could write about Dancing with the Stars... Thankful that it’s over but happy about the winners, but kind of sad that I had to miss too many episodes of ‘House’, my favorite show…Dancing is over and tonight I can watch what I want…I’ve thought about scanning some of my better projects for you to see but never have time to do it…our latest and greatest project is for a Specific Plan for a site in Rialto, that’s in San Berdoo County…some excellent graphics trying to illustrate how beautiful it could be on such a horrible site…a site difficult to grow plant material because it’s too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter…a good location for Pines, Oaks, Sycamores and Poplars…

I could write for help on how to include my favorite bloggers’ addresses on my blogs…OK, I'm asking...

Thanks

7 comments:

Heather McTaggart said...

That was the BEST blog ever...well, right behind most of Julie's! When will the 2 of you get together and write a blog comedy! I would be the biggest fan EVER! So...really how is that golf game coming? For reals....I want to know!

Julie Hibbard said...

Love this blog! There's so much to blog about! All the world's a blog!
You are awesome! Golf is good. Having to give up House for Dancing with the Stars is very very sad. Tragic.
Keep smiling and keep blogging. Write everything down...email yourself!
:)

Allison said...

I love this blog...some days there is nothing to blog about...that's when top 10 lists come in handy.

I'd like to see photos of places you have landscaped...or celebrities you've met...or concerts you've been to (Bum has listed a few for me)...or lessons you wish you would have learned earlier in life...

Gina Vistaunet said...

I can't help you much with blogging, because I suck, but I can give you this so you can watch all the episodes of House on the computer INSTEAD of blogging.

http://www.fox.com/house/

There you go. This is the reason that I'm your favorite.

PETE Di LALLO said...

Thanks all of you for your thoughts...

Heather: a blog comedy will be in the works as soon as Julie and I figure out how to do it...great idea!
As for golf, well, taking golf lessons a few times a month and not actually playing is like taking piano lessons and not having a piano at home...

Julie: With my BlackBerry I will e-mail myself when I see something worth blogging...as Heather said, with blogs right behind most of yours...best idea for a guy with a bad memory...

Alli: Your suggestions are excellent...but, do you think many people want to hear about concerts
where we saw Elton three times, Dr. John, B.B. King, James Taylor,
Elvis P., Ray Charles? OK, I'll do it one of these days...thanks

Gina: You are my favorite 'de jour'
great idea! and every one loves your blogs...

Heather McTaggart said...

Pete, my son grew 6 inches this year and his golf game is really off! He can't adjust to the new size 17 feet and the height...who is your instructor? He is dying to improve!

PETE Di LALLO said...

Heather,
My teacher, John MacMillan,
714-357-2675 ...
I've had other young people ask me the same thing and John advises them to take group classes at a local golf course...there's one in El Toro off of El Toro Road and Geronimo...these lessons are usually with about 5 or 6 students, once a week for 6 weeks and cost about $60.00...
one of my old employees took lessons at Mile Square and the cost was around that...
my guy charges $200 for 6 half hour lessons...
Your son would learn a lot with group lessons...there are classes for students who have never played and classes for ones who have...