Monday, September 17, 2007

Things I've done and some I'm thinking of doing

The Autobahn...
Thinking-of-things-he-hasn't-done-guy...
A few days ago I received the October issue of Golf Digest featuring:
Jack’s All Time Basics,
Tiger’s favorite putting drill,
David Toms’ short game secrets
and a few too many adds for fancy cars, one of them a new 911 Turbo Cabriolet titled: “Pity you have nothing left to wish for”, with a convertible Porsche parked on a beach with a shooting star falling out of the heavens…nice, even though no one was sitting in the car…
Another add for a Visa Signature cards featured a back lit Elvis Costello playing guitar at the House of Blues sub-titled: “ This Card can take you anyplace other cards can’t: the front row” ..
  • But on the opposite page a ‘list’ caught my eye: “Things to do while you’re alive” including visiting the Taj Mahal, swimming in all five oceans and visiting an uninhabited island…none of these were for me...

But, here's some Things I did and didn’t do yet …and hope to get back a few lists from others:

Went to the Olympic Games in L.A.
Took my parents on a vacation to Hawaii
Finished reading some great books: Moby Dick, Treasure Island, The Three Musketeers, Tale of Two Cities, David Copperfield and Oliver Twist…all books I had read decades ago, but classics…still fun to read…
But haven’t made it to New Orleans yet
And haven’t ridden the Orient Express
I want to write a short story…probably very short
I need to get a hole-in-one
But have played Pebble Beach twice…not a likely place to get one…
I’d love to drive the Autobahn
Play golf more than once a week…
Wish I had more time to do stuff like write an un-authorized version of the phonetic alphabet…working on it put may not post it…
Write more ‘love poems to my wife…she’s kept all I’ve written since the Carnation Ice Cream Days…none will ever be posted…you do remember the title?: things to do while you're alive!


p.s. I played a round of golf last week and with Jack and Tiger's help I learned what a belly putter is, and it's not what you think, I bombed a few drives and learned how to read long breaking putts...



10 comments:

Gina Vistaunet said...

Nice blog dad. I too, have no desire to swim in all 5 oceans. I don't have a desire to swim in one. It's that whale thing. Taj Mahal? I think there is one in Laguna Hills by the mall.

PETE Di LALLO said...

this on just off the presses !!!
You've become my all time favorite commentor...


...and you are a funny lady!!!

Julie Hibbard said...

Oh I can't wait to write my list!!!
things I've done will be great. Want to do even better!!
It's called a "Bucket List"
Things to do before you kick the bucket!! Let's get all our little blogger friends to do it!
:)

PETE Di LALLO said...

Julie...
OK, you be the first Bucket-eer and tag all of our 'little' blogger friends...Little?
I'm going to re-do mine, maybe...

Heather McTaggart said...

Let's get started friends! I wish I could tonight but I am writing a chapter in a friends book (seriously, that's true) and I am taking a "blog break!" Tomorrow maybe, probably Thursday...sorry! But let's get this ball rolling, thanks for starting the ball my friend Pete!

Steve Adams said...

Okay.. My theory is the guy with the porsche ran into the ocean and drowned himself once he found out what the payments and insurance would cost him. Do you like Dostoevsky? Brothers Karamazov is my favorite. I think you should take Donas to New Orleans for New Years Eve.. and write a Story about it..Great Blog..

PETE Di LALLO said...

Ok, OK...I love, I mean like, all your reply comments...you make us all laugh...very intellectual (sp)...
as for those Russian authors I read all their books as soon as they come out...Shakespear too...

are you gonna do a "bucket List" as Julie requests?

Heather McTaggart said...

Ugh, trying to get to it but I decided to take some online classes and doing the homework every night is taking LOTS longer than I thought! We are in HOMEWORK HELL here, can someone send the summer back?!?!

Ange said...

Hello Pete!!! I would LOVE to drive the Autoban too! Jules is one of my favorite people, it's good to meet/read (?) you through blogging!!!

Allison said...

I'll go to New Orleans with you! I've always wanted to go there!