Saturday, September 15, 2007

Carnation ice cream...YUM

Years ago while attending Santa Ana College I joined a CYO Club (Catholic Youth Organization), at St. Columban's Church in Garden Grove...some of my friends had joined this club and brought me along for meetings which were held once a week in a church hall...we prayed, planned future activities, danced and didn't drink beer... the club had a weekend 'outing' planned at Disneyland, I asked a girl who's name I forgot; as the evening turned out it was a great evening...but not with her...
during the course of the evening the group decided to go to the Carnation Ice Cream (Parlor) and wrap up the night with ice cream sundaes...me and what's-her-name were sitting at a counter when one of my college buds introduced me to a gorgeous person who had gone to High School with him in Downey...by now you know it was the girl I married...we each ate giant chocolate and fudge sundaes and we fell in love at first bite...I invited her to our weekly club meetings, and saw her at every meeting, 3 or 4 times during the week, for six months...I broke what's-her-name's heart but life was tougher then...
the next June we were married...




7 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

What a cute picture! I love the story too...
And they lived happily ever after.
Lucky you.

Heather McTaggart said...

GUESS WHAT...I WAS MARRIED AT...St. Columban's Church in Garden Grove! SO FUNNY! He grew up there and I gave him my whole heart there too! We will be married 18 years this December!

Steve Adams said...

No Beer?

Allison said...

Cute! I love that story...I tell it every time I go to Disneyland with someone new...

Gina Vistaunet said...

Her name was Valerie and I'm glad you married mom instead. I someday hope to marry a man who blogs about where we met 45 years ago.

PETE Di LALLO said...

Heather,
Garden Grove...who knew?
We used to hang out at Belisle's ALL the time...do you know if it's still there?

Heather McTaggart said...

Not a clue my friend! Hubby grew up there his entire life, he is the baby of 7 so many of them went to school at St. Columban's but the money ran out when it came to him! Ha...public school! I didn't know Garden Grove at all when I met him but I know it produced a GREAT hubby...and some STRANGE in-laws!