Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sunny in Palm Springs...

My three grand daughters are avid readers...the oldest, Allison is 28; Sunny, the middle one is 11 years old...the youngest of the three, Thea,is 9 and lives in San Mateo and I know she reads a lot but I don't communicate with her like I do the other two...I more than frequently text both Sunny and Allison and below is an excerpt from Sunny's most recent text to me. Last week her family moved to Palm Springs and we've been texting every day since she left... She has an i-Pad with a downloaded Kindle app and loves it...and I love her for loving it...

Allison loaned me the first book (a hard copy) of the Hunger Games trilogy and after reading it I in turn loaned it to Sunny...after she finished it Sunny could hardly wait to get the Kindle editions of book two and three; and she did.

Saturday afternoon I texted her inquiring if she was finished reading the
third book and this is what she texted back to me a few minutes later:

"Papa, I've been reading every minute since I downloaded it yesterday at Starbucks across the street from our new apartment and I'm almost done...I'm on page 377 of 396...aaahhhh...I don't want to finish it.........OH POO! aaahhhhahahahahahahhhh I finished it..oh my Lord it is so friggin amazing...aaahhhh the ending is so intense I'm tearing up and I'm going to scream...it's not sad...it's just so intense...like seriously, the last 10 words are so intense...READ IT NOW!!!!"

2 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

She is SO great. I am starting "The hunger games" as soon as the last load is out of the dryer and put away.
I'll have to let her know...

Julie Hibbard said...

PS GREAT title.