Friday, July 15, 2011

It’s It's already July 15… Holy Cow… how time freaken flies…

My morning started off at 6:30 by meeting one of my ex-employees, now a consultant, at Panera in Lake Forest...he's an early bird-guy like me ...he’s one of four consultants who do a lot of work for me... I arrived earlier so I could have coffee, a bear claw, they have the best bear claws, and read a few more chapters of book 2 of the Hunger Games while I inhaled the bear claw.
When he got there I bought him coffee and he wanted a spinach quiche...who ever said real men don’t eat them?
After a brief banter...guys don’t chat...we got down to business reviewing the work he’d done this week and the new work I had designed for him to work on.

This has become a new and nifty way for me to work, having business meetings with semi-employees at Panera, Starbucks or Coco’s instead of conference rooms...I’ve been operating like this for four months and I really like it…and why do I like it? I have no health insurance to buy for these people, no vacations or sick days to pay for...and best of all I buy them breakfasts and lunches all the time and they love it...it costs me very little to operate my business and I have no rent or insurance payments on an office...I should have thought of this years ago.

So I reviewed drawings and sketches, said adios and drove home half a mile away...

I’ve begun loving going to work again.

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

LOVE this thought! A new office every day and you don't even have to pay for it! Someone probably even refills your coffee cup...and a bear claw?! I haven't had one since 1974, but I remember them being phenomenal.
Maybe when I'm 70 I can office from Starbucks.
If I make it to 70, I'm having a freaking bear claw.