Tuesday, June 1, 2010

E BOOKS ANYONE?



Today I got an email from Barnes and Noble, to which I am a member and can get an extra 15% off of purchases, telling to me about their new BN Nook! …an electronic book with ‘page’ sizes roughly 5” X 7” and selling for $259…they promise one million titles including classic novels like Sherlock Holmes, Alice in Wonderland, Charles Darwin, Tom Sawyer, Huck Finn and Moby Dick…

I googled other E Books and came up with the following comparison of prices and page sizes…I’d love nothing hardly better than to be able to click on a current best seller or a classic book or newspaper or golf magazine and read like crazy…not having to worry about storing the books or recycling newspapers and magazines would be neat…I would love being able to share books with others ...the prices for Barnes and Noble best sellers are around $15.00 compared to $25.00 for paper, with most books selling for around $10.00…the Classics sell for $1.99 each!

· Amazon Kindle 2 $259 8”X5”

· Amazon Kindle DX $498 10”x7”

· Sony PRS 700 $199 5”x61/2”

Right now I like the Barnes and Noble Nook

Some of these are better than others in that some will let you buy from almost anywhere while others are limited…some have books able to be borrowed and loaned while some can’t…some are easier to read and some are too pricey for me…hopefully prices will go down soon, the best e-books will rise to the surface and the recession will go away…

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

I am surprised that you would like this! I guess I'm the last hold out--I like the feeling of a book in my hands, the smell, the ability to tuck it in my bag...
I am certain one of these days EACH of us will own one of these ereaders.
But I will always be in love with my books...