Thursday, January 8, 2009

OUT OF BULLETS? TIME TO GET IN GEAR?

Welcome to the New Year and let’s hope it’s better than 2008!

In the future, like it or not, we’ll all look back and recall the economy, the forced layoffs, huge losses in personal savings and devaluations of property…or worse!

But in spite of these difficulties we have to move ahead and try to make things better…

Here are some bullets I’ve gathered from my industry  recently…these apply to almost everyone:

·        First of all be good to yourself.  See this time as an opportunity to work on personal development.  This could be anything from joining a gym. (don’t just drive by them once a week as I once said, jokingly), Take time to increase your knowledge...We all have room for improvement and taking advantage of so many opportunities around us…

·        Need ideas for setting goals?  How about taking a course in Spanish that may give you a competitive edge?

·        If you’re not into that have you considered stepping up your professional qualifications?  Re-write your resume?

·        If you’re looking for employment try to hand deliver it and not simply faxing it…call possible employers back letting them know you are really serious and would like a second interview…and blah, blah, blah on how to dress for interviews, know what to say and not say, etc.

·        How about helping someone who needs a helping hand, like providing a job reference or offer to review a resume?

·        Stay active in your organizations and clubs.  People trust and depend on people they know…

·        Keep in touch with friends especially ex-customers or clients…

·        Focus on what you can do to improve yourself and your future…

  Get out there and do the best you can…

 

4 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

I like this. Yep, there's always something that can be done. Always!
You truly can always get more money. It's time that you can never get back.
Thanks for the reminder!
You are loved!
:)

Gina Vistaunet said...

Nice one dad. I agree. I just updated my resume yesterday. It seem like a long time ago that I was in high school so I left that off. I do wonder where Julie thinks we can get more money, because I would like to find that place. I will trade her all my time for a little cash.

Love you.

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Just what I need! Truly inspiring. *hugs*