Thursday, August 28, 2008

IN A HURRY FOR WHAT?

When I left home this morning I found myself in a hurry to get to Starbucks to get coffee and drive 33 miles to the office…then I hurried to the Toll Road but didn’t speed too much... every day I see cars pulled over and I don’t want to get a ticket…it’s about the only slow thing I ever do and often get harassed by my wife for driving like an old guy, which I am…she’s a speeder…

I hate being late…even getting to my own office when I can take the whole day off and play golf, which I should do more often…
Keeping people waiting is not my style so I leave with plenty of time to spare in case I get a flat tire or get caught in traffic…this post will surely put a curse on flat tires and I wouldn’t be surprised to get three flats in the next month…

When I got to my office this morning I couldn’t wait to write this blog…
I hurried thru my voice mail and called back the ones I needed to and answered a few important e-mails…I write almost all my blogs straight away with short sentences because it’s faster…

But today, as I was only semi-speeding on the freeway, I thought about reasons I’m always in a hurry...
Could I blame technology and high speed Internet connections that take split seconds to download?
How about my BlackBerry so I can read e-mails before getting to work?
What about having a few books in my briefcase in case I finish reading the one I’m currently reading? I don't to have to hurry to the bookstore for a new book...

Sorry, gotta go now…

3 comments:

Gina Vistaunet said...

You are so funny.. I must run in our family. I am just like that. Always in a hurry to actually do nothing. I also set times for myself to places that I don't have to be at a certain time. And if I'm late, I get mad at myself.

PETE Di LALLO said...

Gina,
Now you can rest assured you're not adopted...

Julie Hibbard said...

I am always in a hurry too. I am never late and will leave two hours early to assure that! But I hurry up so I can be there first, and be a head of schedule. I don't have to hurry due to lateness.
LOVE you blogger!