Thursday, April 24, 2008

And the winner is…

YIKES, A WESTERN BAND!


OK...THAT'S BETTER
We had dinner a few nights ago at the Black Angus in Lake Forest…we ‘shared’ a rib eye steak, baked potato and desert…I had a tall Sam Adams and Donas had a virgin Bloody Mary with no salt on the rim but a small salad-like bunch of stuff in the glass, some of which were olives and celery stalks…
Sharing used to drive me nuts until Donas started eating less and we left food on our plates almost every time we ate out…it was time I started eating less too…
Now we have discovered that when you toss in a salad, appetizer and entree and share it there’s room left for some cheesecake without feeling stuffed...

While we were eating we talked about the kids, grand kids, who called and who e-mailed and who blogged…
we’d pretty much talked ourselves to quietness when we began to ‘hear’ the music being played…not a live band… it was all Western Music, all the words and music sounded the same…peoples’ problems were all the same…NAH!... Country Music sounds are too twangy for me…

My favorite is the Blues…even though the artists pretty much sound alike and lyrics are repeated over and over and the ‘stories’ are about peoples’ problems…

But THAT'S some nice mellow sounds to eat by…

Any Blues lovers left out there?

3 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

I must have the same taste as you. I can't do country...and I try new stuff all the time. ANYTHING else is great. Blues is fantastic...good guitar and good singin'...love it.

Heather McTaggart said...

I love sharing meals with my husband!

Sorry here is where we differ...I love country music, not all country, but some country! Blues reminds me of my father in law, just can't go there!

PETE Di LALLO said...

It's nice hearing from you...
Tell the truth! it's me that reminds you of your father in law...

p.s. have you moved yet?