Monday, March 31, 2008

Lake Forest Country Club it ain't...

Logan with his winter hat on...going to get him a golf cap...
Thatcher winding it up for a long one...

Thatcher 'addressing the ball'...


Sunday morning Logan, Thatcher and I hita bunch o' balls at the El Toro golf range…
Like most young men all they were interested in was out-driving Tiger…we hit a 150 ball bucket and soon ran out of them…we bought another 150 that lasted a little longer until the boys were pooped…I was wasted after 100 balls… towards the end they were both killing the ball and I saw some definite future golfers...Logan hit most of his drives further than mine, but all but a few weren't up the middle...We may have to get Thatcher some longer clubs,a hat and maybe a hair cut too...he wore Logan's hat for a while and discovered he could see the range...
Afterwards we had some tasty chicken sandwiches at Carl’s, I went home for nap before my birthday dinner and the boys stayed there until friends would join them at the next door game- shop to play killer video games until dark…
They both said they’d like to go to the range every Sunday with me and we made a date for next Sunday…when I got home my non-golfing-better-half reminded me we were driving up north next weekend to visit Debby and Leesa and a few old friends…I called the boys and told them the news and they were Okay with it…

Sometimes I think they go with me so they won’t hurt my feelings or to be there in case I drop dead…I always told them when I die I want to be in bed or playing golf…

4 comments:

Gina Vistaunet said...

Super funny! Thatch really needs some barrettes or something. They had a fun time with you. Really. They wouldn't go if they didn't want to.

Allison said...

I want to go too!
I can't go on Sunday mornings, but I could go on Saturdays...or even Sunday afternoon...

Julie Hibbard said...

How come you never took ME golfing?

PETE Di LALLO said...

Like just about everything else in my life I can see my weekend golf pracices turning into a family affair with food, drinks, extra chairs and blankets...
we can do it on Sunday afternoons once in a while so miss Alli can be there...would love you to join us Alli...
and Julie, well I'm not sure how to answer you but I hope you'll join us too...